EDISON INTERNATIONAL LINEWORKER SCHOLARSHIP
In 2021, Edison International and Southern California Edison launched the Lineworker Scholarship Program, in partnership with IBEW Local 47, to provide opportunities for a diverse range of people to become SCE lineworkers. The program awards scholarships up to $25,000 per recipient and is funded by Edison International shareholders and IBEW Local 47. The program provides tuition, tools and support services needed to complete required training at the Los Angeles Trade Technical College. Graduates will be eligible for an entry-level groundman position at SCE once they complete the Powerline Mechanic Certificate program, obtain a Class A driver’s license and complete all SCE pre-employment requirements. The program is administered by Scholarship America®, the nation’s largest designer and manager of scholarship, tuition assistance, and other education support programs for corporations, foundations, associations, and individuals.
- Self-identify as Black, Asian Pacific Islander, Native American or female
- Enroll at Los Angeles Trade-Technical College for fall 2023
- Enroll in the Powerline Mechanic Certificate Program
- Have a high school diploma or a GED equivalent
- Eligible to work in the United States
- Possess a valid driver’s license and be eligible to obtain a Class A license (must be 18 years of age)
Military veterans are highly encouraged to apply. Preference will be given to California residents.
The deadline to apply is May 5, 2023 1:00 p.m. PT.